Image Cleanup and Composites for My Most Difficult Case

I did a little clean up work on My Most Difficult Case. I noticed some visual glitches in the film: spots, dust, light flashes, and stuff like that. I used the composite feature to replace the parts of the image where the problems were. I’m not sure that anyone would notice, but since I did, I wanted to do something.

One thing that had bothered me was that there was a picture on the wall that I didn’t have a release for. I don’t have any information on the picture, so I can’t even contact the person who did the picture to ask for a release. That is a lesson that’ll I’ll need to take to heart on my future projects. Next time I will contact some local artists to get some of their pictures on loan.

A few weeks ago, I tried to superimpose a different picture, but I wasn’t happy with how it looked. This week I replaced the shots where you could identify the picture with other shots where you couldn’t. I did it primarily to cover up the picture, but I think it improves the film as well. The shots I replaced were wide-angle shots and the replacements are tighter. I think that makes the film more intense.

I wanted to replace another shot I didn’t like, but I didn’t have a shot that would work. I decided to try a composite shot. I combined images from several different shots, eight shots altogether, to create the new shot. I can see that it is a composite, but I do have to look closely. It is only on screen for a three or four seconds, so I don’t think anyone will notice.

I have been at a bit of a loss about what to do next on the project. I think I’m pretty much done with the images, so I should start on the music and sound. I still have some releases and other paperwork I need to do.

1 Comment

  1. Thanks for the tip James. Another release form to create.

Leave a Reply