I accomplished very little on the detective story script this week. My excuse is that I got sick. I am recovering and I hope to dive back into it this coming week.
I did revise the outline some more. I deleted some scenes that I didn’t think added much and I added some that I feel are much better. I also expanded the role of the detective’s wife.
A couple of weeks ago I gave all of my characters names. I’m calling my detective Lucas Martin now.
What I see as the biggest challenge now is losing continuity. When I wrote “The Anger Trap”, I had no real interruptions while I was writing. Each day when I started, the characters and story were already clear in my mind. I fear that having taken a break of a few days, I have somehow “lost the characters” and it will take me while to find them again.