I fixed some problems with my website this week. Years ago, when I moved my website from html and php files to WordPress, I created some php files to forward the old page addresses to the new WordPress addresses. I realised that several of the forwarding files didn’t work.
While I was reediting these files, I noticed that the video on my page for “My Most Difficult Case” did not work. It just showed a black box. http://dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/filmlist/my-most-difficult-case/
When I uploaded it, I put it on a website called daily motion. At the time they had a feature that allowed you to charge people to watch, rather than rely on advertising. I thought that approach would make more money for my films. That didn’t work out for me. I don’t think anyone ever paid to watch it.
A few months back they gave me notice that they would drop the pay per view feature. Since it wasn’t doing anything for me anyway, I just let them switch the video over to private. I didn’t think until this week that meant the link on my web site page wouldn’t work.
I also had an e-mail a while ago that asked me to consider publishing it on Amazon Video. That would have paid. I hadn’t bothered to follow up on that yet, and wasn’t sure if I would. Maybe I’ll do that later, but for now, I decided to upload “My Most Difficult Case” to YouTube, and use that on my web page.
While I did that, I decided to modify the description of “The Barrier” as well. I didn’t think it was clear that I still planned to make a new version of it. I didn’t want people to think it was a final product.