Update on “The Barrier” – 2013 June 23

Angry_Arthur_3150I was a little more prolific on “The Barrier” this week. I completed five new scenes and added 9 1/2 minutes. That puts me at 71 minutes in total and I am about 72 per cent completed. The previous three weeks I averaged only about 5 1/4 minutes.

I completed 43 scenes so far and have 17 more planned. That should add another 28 minutes and bring me up to 100 minutes. With some editing, that should end up at around 90 minutes.

So far, I have done most of the scenes in sequence, although I have skipped ahead a few scenes a couple of times. This week I skipped ahead to the final scene. It is an important scene and I thought it would be straightforward. It went quite well. I was tempted to use “Final Scene Done” as my post title, but decided it was too much of a tease.

As I wrote it, I realized that I’ll need to change one of the scenes I skipped to match it. It is a good thing I skipped it. Sometimes I think it makes sense to do your last scene first and your title last.

I did another scene out of order as well. I see it as an important event in the story because it eliminates a major character. That makes the last sequence of the movie more difficult to deal with.

The animated characters do “act” wooden, but as I work on the movie, they do seem to become more real. Maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.

Leave a Reply