“Summer’s Too Short” Should be Done Shortly

SummerstooshortAudio3I made good progress on “Summer’s Too Short” this week. I think I have most of the work out of the way, so I just have some tidy up work to do.

I finished aligning all of the images. That is slow work.

When I took the picture, I tried to always use about the same position. Unfortunately, even slight shifts in position distort the image a little. I think I could use a image distortion tool in Premiere Pro to improve the match. That would add a lot of time, so I decided to stick to shifting up or down, left or right, or by rotation. That still left some mismatch, but I don’t think it is a big problem.

When I watched the video, I thought I could see a couple of images that are still out of alignment. I will look into that more next week.

I tried to take the pictures at about the same time of day, but never got that exactly right. The colour tone varied from day to day as well. Some of the images are very blue. I may see if I can do some colour correction to reduce that variability.

I developed a sound track to the movie. I had a pretty good idea what I wanted; a sort of Doppler shift sound effect. I felt it would catch the sense of the rapid passage of summer. I tried to create the sound from scratch in Audacity, but wasn’t happy with what I produced. Instead, I found a short clip of a jet fly past at http://www.freesfx.co.uk/. It was a little too short, so I stretched it out a bit in Audacity. I altered the pitch to compensate.

I produced a preliminary video with the images, titles and sound track. I think it looks pretty good. Not that I’m biased or anything. I want to leave it for a few days, then have another go at it. If all goes well, I should have it on-line by the end of the week.

 

 

Leave a Reply